- Molly: Aren't you not supposed to name your kids after living relatives?
- Me: That's a Jewish custom.
- Molly: But isn't that, like, doesn't everyone kind of do that?
- Me: Maybe, but it is a Jewish thing. I've dated a lot of Jews, Molly, I know my way around the Torah.
- Molly: The Torah.... right......
- Me: 'Torah' is my word for circumcised dicks.
Kaling’s refreshing lack of self-deprecation is just one of the many differences between her and the self-mocking Tina Fey. Nonetheless, because they are both female and funny, the two are often compared, with Kaling described as being like Fey’s cool or girlier little sister. According to the media, all famous women are just versions of one another.
"It’s very hard to complain about someone saying you’re in Tina Fey’s immediate family,” she says. "But I do think it’s a little unfair that there’s never any debate about whether there’s room for Will Ferrell, Steve Carell and Aziz Ansari. But with women, it’s like, OK, Kristen Wiig is having a moment now, we’re done, we’ll put the rest of them on the backburner. And that’s just ridiculous." (x)
Detached fresco, 170 x 90 cm
Pinacoteca di Brera, Milan